Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Teaching Credo

Being an education major, I'm always thinking about how I want to present myself as a (future) teacher. There are many things that I value and that I want to implement in my classroom. Therefore, I came up with a credo of what I believe a good classroom should be like and what I, as a teacher, want to strive for. Additionally, I designed a mini-poster to organize my thoughts. Here is the end result! (Click to enlarge.)



My Teaching Credo
  1. Everyone is different and learns in a different way--so be accommodating. I believe in working hard to reach all students’ needs.
  2. Grades should not be the primary focus of a classroom. I believe in having  students challenge themselves and understand the material without fear of failure.
  3. Learning should be fun! I believe in fostering creative expression through a wide variety of activities that makes the learning experience enjoyable for everyone.
  4. The classroom should be a safe and welcoming environment. I believe in making sure that students feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and are never intimidated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment