Friday, September 21, 2012

DANCIN' IN THE STREETS



Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre

gets creative in the streets and communities of New York City through dance. They express the everyday lives of people in society and bring out the true meaning of life and freedom through various poses and jumps. Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre was founded by American choreographer, Alvin Ailey. He played a key role in opening doors for African Americans to dance in a company.
Dancers: Aisha Mitchell, Michael Francis McBride, Yannick Lebrun. Photos By: Richard Calmes and Jordan Matter
                                                    

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! This is the energy of the city! I really wish to see these by my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those subway pictures are nuts! I love everyone's amazed expression in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's freakin' amazing! Crossed fingers I'll see some of this awesomeness when I'm in NYC this weekend.

    ReplyDelete