Saturday, September 8, 2012

Let's have some "Fun."!

Fun.: Andrew Dost, Nate Ruess, and Jack Antonoff
There is no doubt Fun. is having a stellar year.
"We Are Young" (featuring Janelle MonĂ¡e) from their 2012 album Some Nights, essentially catapulted this Indie band into the mainstream music scene. The song dominated the radio for a while. (I still hear it, actually!) But that's not all. Their most recent single, "Some Nights", has been doing great as well. At the moment, it's number 3 on the iTunes charts and number 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs*. The album is also charting: number 11 on iTunes and number 9 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums*.


ON THE LOCAL END: Fun. will be performing at Middlebury College on November 2 as a part of the Fall 2012 Campus Consciousness Tour! Tickets go on sale September 24. (More information here.) 

Being a fan of the band, I couldn't be more happy with the recognition they are getting. That being said, I want to encourage everyone to take the time to listen to Fun.'s full discography. In my opinion, their first album Aim and Ignite, which was released in 2009, should be just as big as Some Nights!

I learned of Aim and Ignite as a freshman, thanks to my iTunes radio. I instantly fell in love with what I heard, and soon I was playing the entire CD backwards and forwards as I studied and worked on assignments... I don't know how I could have survived my first semester of college without it. 


Aim and Ignite is ten songs of pure... fun! It is an album I can listen to whenever I'm feeling down, and it never fails to improve my mood. With catchy tunes and lyrics, Aim and Ignite is an overall amazing album. If you haven't listened to it yet, be sure to do so!

If I had to choose, my favorite song from the album would be the first track, "Be Calm". I included it below:

fun. - Be Calm by Nettwerk Music Group

I hope you enjoy the music! Until next time!
* as of September 8, 2012

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my tickets to the Middlebury show!!! Fun is such an awesome band. I love the song "it gets better."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw them last year at Higher Ground..such a great show! I also just found out that the lead singer of Fun is also the lead singer of The Format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great post! I really want to go to the Middlebury concert now and I will definitely be getting their first album having memorized Some Nights already! :)

    ReplyDelete